Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Successful Month

I had a very great first month with my new lifestyle change. I am feeling motivated to begin on another and see where the journey takes me. Here are the most recent stats:


(And yes Jim, I am finally 'fessing up to my actual weight and their real numbers because I know you love every inch of me whether it's squishy or not.)

November 4, 2009:

  • weight: 274.5
  • BMI: 45.7
December 6, 2009:
  • weight: 251.5
  • BMI: 41.9
Drum roll....that's a 23 pound loss! What things have I noticed changing so far?
  • I have lost some of the puffiness in my face and hands. My wedding ring is getting a bit loose!
  • I CAN bend over and tie my shoes with a lot less huffing and puffing
  • I am freezing all the time and think that is because I have lost a layer of insulation....(it's a theory)
  • my cravings have diminished for the most part (there is an occasional desire to eat something fast-foodish...but only when I put myself into that situation without eating on my schedule)
  • Less short-windedness when I am walking or climbing the stairs
  • clothes are fitting more comfortably, some are too loose and most in my closet now fit me which hadn't in a long while
  • My hair seems so much more healthy (I think it is the extra protein I am eating)
  • Should have been my #1: My blood sugars seem to be in control and within a healthy range
  • Sleeping much better
  • Overall more positive feelings about myself
I could probably have added more, but you get the picture.

0 comments: