Monday, February 22, 2010

Another Week...Another Pound

Once again I have been slow in updating my blog.  I did move it to this site from it's previous one though because of the user friendly aspects of this site.  Maybe I will actually update it sometimes now!  The main point of my post today is, things are still going fine.

I am now down 49 pounds.  It has been a very slow month for weight loss though.  I am not sure what is the matter with me and why I have had such a time with it, but regardless, I am still on the right path.  I am about 1/3 of the way through my weight loss portion of this journey now.  yay!

I have needed to amp up the exercise portion of my program.  While I love those outside walks with the dog, it doesn't seem to be very challenging.  I think I need to at least break a sweat and feel my heart beating a little faster.  I bought a Leslie Sansone walking dvd.  I really wasn't very optimistic I could get a work out with a "walking" dvd.  Boy, was I wrong!  That thing kicks butt!  I put it in last night and went for the full 5 miles.  I did it in 68 minutes...that's a 12 minute mile and it kills.  But, I finished.  This morning I did another 3 miles.  I hope to get in at least 2 more before the end of today.  It would be even better if I could talk Trey into joining me.  By the way...he is doing excellent.  He is down 19 pounds and his clothes are getting really loose.  I am so proud of him.  I wish I had been that dedicated and thorough when I was his age.

Anyway...still plugging along, and hoping that the new exercise will amp up my next weigh in.

0 comments: