Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove

Last week was a tough one.  I didn't exercise, I was recovering mentally from my trip and doing the inward battles that used to set me completely off-track.  Well, I won the battle!  I feel pretty good this week so far.  I have decided to go into the fitness center here where I live and start utilizing the equipment there.  I went Monday and Tuesday and today, since it was absolutely gorgeous outside, I decided to take a walk with the dog.  Usually he has to stay on the leash because I live in the city limits, but if we walk the other direction it turns into nice farmland.  I like this path except for the fact it butts up against a row of backyards that all have dogs in them.  Loud, angry dogs that want to tear us from limb to limb if they could break down  their shaky chainlink fences.  But, the scenery is lovely.  Especially now that it's springtime.

Here are a couple ducks we saw taking a dip in the stream that ran off the canal.  The have sent the water down the canals now, so that means the planting season is upon us!


You can barely see them, but down the path are a couple wild geese that were taking a stroll.  My good little Lucky dog wasn't interested in chasing them though.


And while I was taking a picture of the geese, I heard some splashing and found out my dog decided to go wading in the stream.  By the time I took the picture, he was already getting out, but he was out in the middle up to his chest.  It kind of surprised me because we took him camping last summer and he was not very excited about jumping in the river with me.  I guess it must have felt good on his paws today though.

Just a lovely day in general, and nice to get a break from indoors.  The walk was about 5 miles altogether and I think a good substitute for the gym today.

0 comments: