Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Personal Trainer

After 2 days at the fitness center and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the equipment; what I am supposed to do and where to start I got to thinking.  How I am going to figure this all out and be a success at it?  Using the brain that God gave me I put it all together and decided to call Brandon.  Brandon is son #2.  He is 23 years old, a student at Boise State and married to the lovely Elisha.  And, Brandon loves fitness.  He rides his bike everywhere instead of driving, he has biceps of steel and can talk for hours about his workout.  Actually, he can talk for hours about nearly anything because that boy has the gift of gab.  But, first and foremost, he's a good son and loves his mom.

Brandon very happily came over this morning and we went to gym together.  To preface just a bit, my fitness center is not your typical hire-a-trainer place.   It's part of the community clubhouse where I live and is funded by our ever steep community dues...so it's mine to use all I want, but with limitations.  No one on duty, no manager or trainer or anyone checking in.  First come, first serve.  And, it's relatively small.  Which thus far has not been an issue because no one but me and 2 other people seem to frequent it at the time of day I have gone.  So Bran and I ventured down there this morning and he showed me all types of exercises with free weights.  We came up with a weekly plan for me to follow and gave me a few tips about how to do sets and reps and all that lingo.  Apparently having children comes in handy even after you teach them to vacuum and do dishes.  They can be your trainer too.  It was fun working out with him and I feel better equipped to try some things on my own now.

After my workout this morning I came home and ate some lunch and then leashed the dog for another walk.  I am in a weekly walking club online where we log our miles.  I need to still keep up with my 17 a week, so I knew I better do what I can.  But, my body was still humming from all the weight lifting and I have to wonder if this exhaustion is just me not used to it or is that my metabolism is action?  I hope it's the latter because I still have 2 lbs to drop from my vacation weight and I REALLY want to get rid of it so I can venture into a new weight territory.  I am 2 lbs from visiting my "teens" again, and I want to be there like yesterday.

1 comments:

MaryFran said...

Whew....it's been a crazy week for me and I'm just getting on here to catch up on everyones blogs.......how has your week been?