Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Numbers are in...

While dressing this morning I decided it was time to do my measurements again.  I put off measuring myself until the end of December, and I have been kicking myself ever since.  If you are someone like me that didn't want to face the tape measure because of the pain of reality...stop feeling that way!  You are going to wish you had that yardstick when you get into the plateaus and periods of weight loss where the scale fluctuates up and down.  I wish I knew what my beginning numbers were, because that would make today's results all the sweeter.  But, I will take the progress I have made and be proud.  Here it goes:

Since December 21, 2009 I have lost this many inches from my body as of today...

Bust = 3.25 (I do believe the majority of this is back fat...so take heart dear husband)
Waist = 3
Hips = 4.5  (it's sad that my waist and hips are so close to the same measurement)
Thigh = 2.75 (the fattest part)
Arm = 1.25 (the fattest part)

That is grand total of 14.75 inches missing from Shelley's bod.  Yay team!

I measure about 2 times a month.  Usually there is just a fractional difference.  I could easily do it only one time a month to feel a little better.  This time around the last time I had measured was Feb 18th, and since then have lost 3.25 inches from those same areas all total.  This is one of the largest differences I have had in a few months.  I do believe it has to be the new Leslie Sansone dvd I have been working out to.  I logged that 4 times this week in addition to 1 outdoors walk with good old Lucky dog.  Exercise is key.  Oh, and I also have been crunching, push ups and just started on the totally terrible planks to supplement my workouts.  I do find those tough calisthenic exercises are easier to do AFTER you have done an hour of aerobic exercise.  The muscles are sore, but they are also well warmed up and more limber than if you just did them cold.

Clothes?  I started out in November wearing a 22/24.  Now I can safely say I am wearing an 18 although an occasional 16 fits too.  It's great, except for the fact I have so little in my closet that I can wear.  I need to go through and pack up the big clothes...maybe the empty rack will get the point across that I really am going to have to break down and buy something.  An 18 is about the smallest I have been for many, many years, so smaller sizes in my clothes arsenal no longer exist.  Believe me, even the 18's I have AND ARE wearing, are not really the latest fashion trend.  One thing I do need to invest in though is an interview outfit.  I never know when that phone call will come in.  Although it has been a long time since I have received one!

0 comments: