Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vacation!

I am feeling a little bit more spunky today.  I kicked myself in my own butt and accomplished my exercise for the day this morning.  And, once that is out of the way, it is usually much easier to accomplish eating correctly as well.  So far, so good. 

Last night while watching the Biggest Loser, I was getting so bored through the commercials, and so about half way through, decided to exercise whenever one came on.  By the time the program was over, I had done 100 crunches and 69 pushups.  I felt pretty good about that.  Then this morning, when I really didn't want to get in some cardio....I forced myself. It wasn't that bad either.  I did a quick 2 miles with the Leslie Sansone walking dvd and then took my walk outside for another 4 miles.  When I got home, I slammed out 30 more pushups and 60 more crunches. And could I feel the pain in my core? Oh yeah...

On Friday I and my son are leaving on a road trip to Portland, Oregon, and then the next day on down the coast to visit my parents.  I will meet up with my husband in Portland and we will actually get a couple days away together.  I plan on staying the entire week visiting and then hubby will come pick us up by the weekend and I will then head back to Boise.  It also looks like rain is in the forecast.  Why does it always have to be raining when I go there?  Why?  About 30 miles east of Portland is a very beautiful place called, Multnomah Falls.  I think Trey and I will stop there and take a hike up above the falls.  I have been looking online at different hiking maps and it gave me a brainstorm to search out other hiking opportunities for next week when I am in Oregon.  I am really looking forward to that. Now that it is much easier for me to get out there and move my body a bit, I think the adventure of it all will be great.  Plus, it might help with some of that vacation eating that could happen.  Stuff happens, you know?

0 comments: