Thursday, March 4, 2010

You are Cordially Invited to My Pity Party...don't forget to bring the Chips...

How do I make myself "enjoy" this process a little bit more?  In the beginning I looked forward to my daily walk and enjoyed watching the pounds quickly disappear from the scale.  Now, I am in that place where the weight no longer falls off of me and my workout has to be a lot more than a brisk walk outside with my dog in order to supplement my weight loss.  Now I have to do the kind of exercise that I don't enjoy very much...lots of jumping around and gasping for air stuff.  Ugh....but it seems to be the only thing that is working.  And, oh how I dread it!  I join exercise challenges on the message board in order to hopefully keep me in line and I moan and groan my way through them...telling myself in a little voice with encouragement, "You can do this Shelley...c'mon girl.. just a few more minutes".  And the reality is, I will probably ALWAYS have to maintain this level of activity in order to KEEP the weight off.  Ugh again.

Poor, poor me.  What's a girl to do?

Well, one alternative is to get lazy and get fat again.  Oh wait...it's  not like I am now skinny.  I better stick with this so I can at least not be "fat" now.  What an ugly 3-letter word!

I do see me finishing the weight loss part of this thing.  I have no idea how long it will take.  I do have an idea I will not be able to continue on with Nutrisystem that much longer.  The expense of it is getting out of control.  If I have to resort to another form of diet based on the knowledge I have gained, I don't see that as a failure with my program.  I see that as being proactive.  NS isn't magic.  It's just one method of losing weight and so far has been very good to me.

But, I really need something in my life right now that puts all the efforts into perspective.  I need to feel a lasting sense of entitlement to weight loss.  I need to feel like I am making more of a difference.

0 comments: