Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tony Horton's 10-Minute Trainer

Back about a year or so ago I was watching TV late one night and saw an infomercial for some exercise weight loss dvd's. they made it looks so easy. I dont even remember the details of it right now, but being 130 pounds overweight at the time and wishing for a miracle I slapped down the $100 or whatever it was to buy these things. I popped one of the dvd's in 1 time and died after about 4 minutes. I just couldn't do it! I threw them back in the box and hid them in the back of the closet so I didn't have to face another failure in my life. I thought about those things this morning and decided I am going to pull them out and try again. (plus as a bonus I also cleaned out that closet. I may have just been stalling though!)


Okay, the work out was: Tony Horton's 10-minute trainer. You would think 10 minutes is doable. What's 10 minutes? I will tell you what 10 minutes is...it's pure tortuous HELL! But, I went ahead and did all 3- 10 minute intervals that they recommended for maximum results. They have alternating workouts each day. And this thing goes for 7 days a week. I am not sure I will go for 7 days a week though. After the 1st 4 weeks (28 days of torture) is up then I move onto the accelerated plan, which is 4 more weeks adding in another dvd with more forms of cruel and unusual punishment. It also utilizes resistance bands and a gadget you attach to a door frame so you can attach yourself to the resistance bands while you are bungee-ing around the room. (talk about feeling uncoordinated. One bonus is that the waist strap actually fits around my middle now, where when I purchased them last year it was a hopeless cause)

I am nowhere able to do everything in my 10 minutes. I had to stop a few times because I needed that moment to cry and cuss, plus I have a very hard time keeping the pace. Tony Horton likes to punish a little bit and has no idea what an out of shape old lady I am! I am sure in time...if I live through it, I should get better.

At least I don't plan on hiding the dvd's to the back of my closet anymore.

update:  As of this week I have lost 53.5 pounds.  Am worried though...have to buy new scales and am worried about what my "real" weight is compared to the very unreliable ones I have been using.  (they weigh in something different everytime they are used...as much as 5 lbs difference.  My guess is their calibration is no longer working)

1 comments:

Seth said...

Don't fret about the scale. The thing to make sure is that you have a downward trend going! keep up the hard work.