Monday, November 23, 2009

Amazing Monday

I had a good weekend where the program was followed to the letter. I am also proud of Trey because he really has taken to these changes pretty well. He still, as any child would, crave some more fattening alternatives to what we are eating, but all in all he has bucked up and done what needs to be done. He is down 4.5 pounds this morning in our weigh-in. As for me.......drum roll......I have now lost 16 pounds! Yay! I am loving it. I have to try very hard to not let pounds creep back on since it is Thanksgiving week. I know if I do, I will get very depressed come next Monday.


As for Trey...this past week was a lot of changes. I started packing his lunch from home. I do believe that has made a big difference. I also went to Big Lots and bought a few of the NS entrees that they have there. The dinners are $3 a piece, and to my thinking, that is still kind of high...but, I do think they make a difference, and he is willing to eat them and try harder. Maybe they give him a little more incentive to try harder, or something? Not sure...but he always willingly will opt for those, along with a vegetable and I have allowed him some whole wheat garlic bread. (Just diet bread, buttery spray and garlic salt...but he takes to it like it's the real thing) I also worry about him over the holidays, but have decided on Thanksgiving day I won't nag him much, but the friday and weekend after, we are both back with the program AND walking everyday. Those walks might well save everything.

But wow...16 pounds. Awesome. I feel wonderful about that. I was so surprised too when I stepped on the scales this morning and that was what registered. I actually re-weighed myself about 3 times just to make sure it wasn't some weird fluke. But, that's what it said. 4 more pounds and I am already down 20! How amazing. I don't expect that to happen in my next week weigh in, but it would be pretty cool. :)

Yesterday after church, I worked really hard on my latest afghan. I had been putting it off for a week, so it was good to make some progress. I think if I am diligent today, I could get it finished by this evening. At that point I will only have 3 more to go. Sounds like a lot! I can do it though. Here is a progress picture of the one I am currently working:
Photobucket

0 comments: