Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some Positive Thinking

This evening my son and I did some positive thinking about what we really want out of life. And it made me start realizing that there are a lot of things I want more than I want a heaping plate of spaghetti or a half of a 16" pizza. Food has become our only source of entertainment. "What shall we do?"...."Let's go out and eat!" Just going to the park and running around with the dog, playing a game of cards....none of those things would ever occur. Instead, we just sit and eat and watch t.v. and be as sedentary as we can be because there is no energy to do anything else. Nice, viscious cycle.

Here are a few things I want more than I want to eat fattening and unnecessary foods. Here are some things I can have if I commit to changing my habits and cutting back.

What do I want more than I want that Second Helping?

  • I want to be able to bend over and tie my shoes or put on my pantyhose without feeling like I am going to pass out from lack of oxygen!
  • I want a waistline
  • I want to feel my hip bones again
  • I want to lose the double chin and the moon face
  • I want to be able to ride a ride at the fair if I feel like it and not worry that the bar can't fit over my tummy
  • I want to ride in an airplane and be able to have the table actually lay flat and not on my thighs
  • I want to be able to cross my legs again and have it be comfortable
  • I want to not be recalled as "you know...the heavyset one"
  • I want to never hear again, "You would be so attractive if you just lose the weight"
  • I want confidence
  • I want to live a long life free of health complications brought on by obesity
  • I want to not have to have the label of "Obese"
  • I want energy
  • I want to feel sexy
  • I want to feel more comfortable in a swimsuit
  • I want slender arms and hands that appear more feminine
The list goes on and on. There are so many things that an average or thinner person would never even consider to be something that would make another happy. I am sure most of these things would be taken for granted. Not so for me. I know that losing weight is not a cure. It's not winning the lottery. But, the process is not rocket science either. There are a few basic steps I hope to follow that should help me along the way:

  • Exercise 4-6 days a week
  • Drink enough water
  • follow a healthy food plan that incorporates plenty of protein to appease the blood sugar levels
  • avoid high carbs, sugars or fats
  • Get enough sleep
  • Think positive
A positive attitude is sometimes half the battle.

0 comments: