Thursday, November 19, 2009

Walk This Way

I have been pretty good for about 3 weeks now about getting outside and walking. I have been taking my dog with me. It is amazing how much more invisible I feel when I am walking the dog. #1...if I do come across someone, they will comment on how cute the dog is and it detracts them from looking at me (which is my goal when I am out there) and #2 it gives me more of a purpose to be out there in the 1st place. Yes, anyone looking at me could see that and make the judgement that I need some exercise, but it's funny how the mind goes beyond that thinking to, "good idea...dogs need exercise!" I look at it as a win, win situation. I like the idea of being out in the nature and being a bit invisible.


Today though, I don't know what was the matter with me, but I was in constant pain the entire time I was walking. Every step sent aching jolts through my legs. I probably am developing shin splints or something. I didn't notice it in my thighs but it was definite in my shins and ankles. But, I hobbled on the best I could and managed to make the entire circuit I have set up for myself. I noticed the dog was sort of walking a little wobbly too. Maybe the both of us are overdoing it? :) Ah well, am hoping tomorrow will go better than today. It does feel a bit discouraging when something that felt pretty good and motivating takes the turn of pain. No pain, no gain...right? Or is that...No loss? hmmm....

I have so much to do today. I still need to make a bunch of thank you cards for my step daughter and daughter in law. They both were married recently and I volunteered to do that for them. I really need to straighten up my craft room first though so I can have a place to work. Plus I have a bunch more afghans to get made for Christmas. I have secretly been working on my son Trey's while he is at school so it is taking a little longer than the other ones. Basically, I have about 3 going at the same time. But, I am hopeful I will get them all done in time.

I noted this morning that there are 2 birthdays in December I need to recognize. Olivia's is the 8th and Kristiana's is the 27th. I can't forget, I can't forget...

0 comments: