Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

I bought myself some new gloves and a ski-band style headband today. I was going to buy earmuffs but couldn't locate any. I figured I could somehow make the headband to work. All I need is something to cover my ears...cuz it's way cold out there in the mornings. I also bought some cheapy earphones for my ipod in case I want some music to motivate me. I am considering asking my hubby if he wouldn't mind me taking back (borrowing) the mini-ipod that I gave him for Christmas. I don't think he has ever used it and it would be perfect for walking since it is so small and compact. But for now, I will use my larger one.


Tonight was a mini pizza for dinner. Mini being the operative word. At least it tasted pretty good. I added a few chopped olives and some turkey pepperoni. For my son, we bought these flat breads that are whole wheat and only 100 calories, and he built himself a little pizza with that. His came out about 2 times larger than mine and I think the calories ended up being about the same! Go figure. I think mine may have had more protein though, since it was a NS product. A little later on this evening I will have the yellow pound cake with yougurt and blackberries on top. I made this last night and it was quite delicious. Sort of like a shortcake. For the yogurt I used plain yogurt and added some splenda, vanilla extract and whole, (slightly frozen) blackberries. Surprisingly, I don't like yogurt that much....to me it looks like something that should be delicious and then after the 1st bite you realize that appearances can be quite deceiving because it is so sour. It looks like it should be a fattening pudding! Maybe it's just because my tastebuds are feeling deprived or something, but it was wonderful with that pound cake!

I bought tickets to the New Moon movie tonight! Yay....my son and I are going to go and watch it Friday after he gets out of school. I admit to being a nut about these books. I am not sure why and feel a little bit silly since they were written for teenaged girls! I guess that tells you my mentality. I have high hopes it will be a good movie though. I was able to get tickets for a matinee showing so they didn't cost as much as I was worried they might. It's going to be fun. Of course, movies present a little tiny dilemma concerning "snacking" during the movie. I think I will bring along one of my NS dessert bars. They have one that is similar to a snickers bar. If I nibble on that I should be ok. I might smuggle in a bottle of water too. My son is going to be another problem because he thinks popcorn and treats are traditional. There is NO WAY I am going to sit there and smell him eating buttery popcorn so I will have to come up with another solution that will work. Once again....eating does NOT have to be a source of entertainment!

0 comments: