Friday, November 20, 2009

Cards, New Moon and Thanksgiving

Here are the cards I have been working on for the last 2 days. The Red themed ones are for Cassi, and the Blue for Jordan. That's 60 cards...and I am done! I hope they like them. They are basically the same design, but hopefully no one will really care about that.
Photobucket

I pretty stoked that I was able to find a way to get pics off my phone and onto this blog. It's a little bit of an ordeal, but it works and I like that! And the nice thing is, all I have to do is send a text picture to make it work. Love this advanced technology. Especially when it is free! It would be nice to have a good camera...I don't really know how much use it would get though. Although, when the baby arrives, it would be really great to have a good camera. All in time. I undoubtedly need a job first. Hopefully that will finally happen after the new year.

Trey and I went to see New Moon this afternoon. We really enjoyed it. It may help that we are both big fans of the books. Maybe it wouldn't appeal to everyone...but for me it was a thrill to get to see. I love those silly books. It amazes me that they all started because the author (who had never written a book before) had a dream...woke up from it and started writing down the vivid memories of that dream. Pretty soon it snowballed into a sort of preoccupation and before too long she had written so much that she realized she almost had a book. She went back and wrote the beginning of the book (her dream ended up being chapter 13) and got an agent who sent it out to publishers. Long story short...she is now a guzillionaire. The Twilight stories cover 4 books. I have either read or listened on audio to these about 4 times now. I started listening again on my ipod this morning when I went on my walk. It sure passed the time.

No leg cramping today! YAY! I was worried when I got out there that I might have some problems with that after my experience yesterday. But today went fine. I had plenty of energy. My only concern was my frozen face, despite bundling up a little better. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse too. My dog was pretty frisky out there though. He sometimes irritates me because he gets so wound up and sometimes freaks out on the leash. He's kind of jumpy and I have to stop and get him to calm before we carry on. It usually works better if I take him to the park and let him run free for 5 minutes. He wears himself down a little and acts much more obedient. Today I thought I would pass that up and just get straight to my walk. I think it wasn't such a good idea because then I have to manage the leash a little more and it's not very pleasant. Live and learn.

Thanksgiving is next Thursday. I have a weigh in on Monday morning and then I have to try as hard as I can not to let the week get out of hand after that. The holidays are going to be a challenge anyway, but that's what I get for starting this journey at this time of the year. But really...when is it ever a good time to turn your world upside down and incorporate self discipline and moderation? Yeah, what was I thinking?? I really feel though, I have no more time to waste.

I had an email from my friend Terri in New Jersey. She and I originally met on an online dieting forum and since have left that place due to the Drama Queen that ran it, but have remained friends since. A couple years ago she started going to Weight Watchers and just never stopped. Something clicked inside of her and she realized she was going to make it work this time. Since then, she has lost about 72 pounds! She looks wonderful. Like me though, she still has more to lose....over 100 before she is done, but she is a success already. I too will be a success. I must. I can't think about how far the road is or how long it takes to get there...I just have to get there. Like I say whenever I get in my car and am not sure of how to get to my destination, "since I don't know where this place is exactly, if I get lost I will just call it an adventure!".

I think I need to apply this to me in the right now.

0 comments: